Sunday, December 15, 2013

Thrift Store Refurbished Table

One of my favorite things to do is to find old furniture and turn it into something new and useable. This table is not MY thrift store find but rather, our Aunt Judy who found it years ago. She took the time to mend one of the broken sides and router the edge to match. It turned out wonderful! She used it in her home for a while then passed it on to my mother-in-law who had it in her home for years as well.

I was over at Mom's around Thanksgiving and saw that the table was set aside with some other things to be donated. I asked if I could have it, and she happily agreed.

I've been looking for something...a bench, a table, a chair to set at the end of our bed. I have this beautiful white embroidered coverlet that I use on our bed with matching white pillows. When we un-make the bed each night to sleep, I have no other place but the floor to store these pillows till the next morning, which is fine, the carpet in our room is clean enough. The problem comes with the dog. Oliver loves to sleep in our room at night and he's taken quite an interest in the soft over-sized pillows.

They are way too nice, and too WHITE to be used as a dog bed!!! So each night it's this ten minute ordeal of moving all the things off our dresser tops like frames, decorative boxes and miscellaneous items to make room so I can store the pillows off the floor.  Then in the morning when I make the bed, I have to re-arrange all the nick-knacks back to their original place...it's annoying. 

This is why I wanted the piece of furniture at the end of the bed. Somewhere where I would have a designated place for the pillows each night.

The light golden stain was in really nice condition, but unfortunately didn't match our white bed. So we sanded it down and gave it two coats of white paint. I love the way it turned out! It's pretty and functional!

I have to say though, there is someone who's not a fan of the new table....Oliver. Each night he puts his head up on the table and smells at the pillows like "Hey, how about putting these on the floor for me?" ...Time to get a dog bed for our room I think.

3 comments:

KathyB said...

It's beautiful painted white. I love it!

Katie/Maple Grove said...

Beautiful! I love all the white!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, I was wondering if there is an email address I can contact you at? I found you through some of your posts on Community Chickens. You had posted a photo of a BLRW cockrel that looks strikingly similar to mine (he's very red). I was wondering/hoping if you could send me an updated photo of the bird he grew up to be? My email address is nataliepants (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog